Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Women, Work & the Art of Savoir Faire: Business Sense & Sensibility - Reading Together - Whose Success?

"Setting and managing our own expectations defines success and a path to balance and happiness. My advice is, don’t get too caught up in long-term definitions; chew on manageable short-term goals and benchmarks or you will only get frustrated, depressed, or worse. I’ll never be a great pianist (oh, happy day, when they invented electric pianos with earphones), so my consuming goal is to learn a new, simple piece—a great pleasure and reward I appreciate fully when achieved."
(page 116, Kindle Edition)

"Feeling bien dans sa peau (comfortable in one’s skin) is an attitude that changes with your decades and is more in your head than in fact."
(page 123, Kindle Edition)

-----
You just finished reading Women, Work & the Art of Savoir Faire: Business Sense & Sensibility - Reading Together - Whose Success?.
Sign up here for my free monthly newsletter!
Connect with me on Twitter and Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...