"The phrase is generally understood to be referencing the stereotypically overweight sopranos of Grand Opera" (source).
Here are some final educational resources to help you teach your students more about opera:
- Opera Education Resource Materials from San Francisco Opera
- Lesson Plans (on a variety of operas) from LA Opera
- Classroom Materials from The Dallas Opera
- Educational Resources from Kentucky Opera
- Education Resources from Victorian Opera
- Education Resources from Pittsburgh Opera
Leave your comments and impressions below. Thanks for joining in on this Reading Together series.
I'm starting to plan the next Reading Together series. If you have any recommendations, I'd love to hear them. Please leave them in a comment below.
You just finished reading Essential Opera - Reading Together - Part 21.
Sign up here for my free monthly newsletter!
Connect with me on Twitter and Pinterest.