His most popular operas include Aida, Falstaff, Macbeth, Othello, Rigoletto, La Traviate, and Il Trovatore.
Since some of his operas draw on Shakespeare's plays, looking at those works would be a great idea for some cross-disciplinary lessons.
Here are some resources on Verdi and his works:
- La Donna e Mobile (from Rigoletto) arranged for level 3 piano solo
- Lesson plan to cover the overture to Nabucco
- Macbeth Educator's Guide from The Metropolitan Opera
- Aida Educator's Guide from the Edmonton Opera
- Time line of Verdi's life
Leave your comments and impressions below. And, don't forget to read the twentieth installment for next week.
I'm starting to plan the next Reading Together series. If you have any recommendations, I'd love to hear them. Please leave them in a comment below.
You just finished reading Essential Opera - Reading Together - Part 19.
Sign up here for my free monthly newsletter!
Connect with me on Twitter and Pinterest.