Tuesday, September 19, 2017

How to Talk So Kids Can Learn - Reading Together - The Dream Catcher


"Maybe the values I had tried to encourage within these four walls had gone inside Roy and become a part of him. And maybe those values would keep him from harm’s way and help him to survive and cope.
Maybe the spirit that I had tried to bring into my classroom was the real “dream catcher” that would protect all the children.
Maybe out of the hundreds of hours and thousands of exchanges we had had with each other, something would remain that would safeguard and sustain them—a core experience that would leave them stronger, more compassionate, more able to think and learn and love. Anyway, I’d like to think so."

(locations 2764-2769, Kindle Edition)

-----
You just finished reading How to Talk So Kids Can Learn - Reading Together - The Dream Catcher.
Sign up here for my free monthly newsletter!
Connect with me on Twitter and Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...