Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Reading Together - How to Teach - The Development of Moral Social Conduct


I just wanted to note that I disagreed with the majority of this chapter. While yes, students need to be taught how to become responsible citizens, I disagree with the content and approach put forth in this chapter. There was only one quote that stood out to me, and I've noted it below.

"What we need is not the punishment which follows rapidly upon our feeling of resentment, but rather the wisdom of waiting and accepting the mistake or offense of the pupil as an opportunity for careful consideration upon his part and as a possible means of growth for him." (page 134, Kindle Edition)

-----
You just finished reading Reading Together - How to Teach - The Development of Moral Social Conduct.
Sign up here for my free monthly newsletter!
Connect with me on Twitter and Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...