Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Music as a Language - Reading Together - The Sol-Fa Method

Home debates that students should be taught to sing using the Sol-fa method. She shows that the key fact for using this method is that "the child is taught to think of all the notes of the scale in relation to the key-note." (loc: 206)
Once students have mastered the Sol-fa method, they then move on to written music notation.

In case you'd like to use the Sol-fa method (also called solfege) with your students, I've rounded up some free resources.

note: I'm reading this book from through my Kindle app, so quotations are shown by the location in the Kindle document.

-----
You just finished reading Music as a Language - Reading Together - The Sol-Fa Method.
Sign up here for my free monthly newsletter!
Connect with me on Twitter and Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...