Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Teach Like a Champion: Introduction (Reading Together)

After having started reading this book this week, I am even more excited about having picked out this book. I'm really looking forward to being able to add more "tools" to my teaching toolbox.

The introduction makes clear that this book was written to provide specific, concrete,and actionable techniques.  These techniques may not necessarily be glamorous, but they work.

A couple other main points that stood out to me:

- What I need to consider: what do I want my students to master?
"Great teachers plan objectives, then assessments, then activities." (page 10)

- Use lesson planning as not just a rote practice, but rather as the opportunity to truly design each individual class.

What stood out to you? Leave your comments below.
And, don't forget to read chapter 1 for next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...