Tuesday, August 14, 2018

That Crumpled Paper Was Due Last Week - Reading Together - Strategies for Quizzes, Tests, Projects, and Finals

The section I thought the most useful from this chapter was the one on flashcards. I like the idea of using flashcards to help students memorize longer music pieces. You could have them make a photocopy of their music and cut apart sections that are 2 or 3 measures long and glue them to flashcards. And then play one notecard at a time. Or follow the steps below.

"I am not suggesting that students substitute rote memory for actual learning, but I am saying that flash cards are one of the many tricks to help improve material mastery. In my office, I often show students my simple trick for learning a stack of flash cards quickly, accurately, and relatively painlessly: 1. Learn five flash cards. Take a few minutes to really learn them. 2. Then add five more, and review all ten. 3. After all ten are reviewed, add five more, and review all fifteen."
(page 139, Kindle edition)

-----
You just finished reading That Crumpled Paper Was Due Last Week - Reading Together - Strategies for Quizzes, Tests, Projects, and Finals.
Sign up here for my free monthly newsletter!
Connect with me on Twitter and Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...