Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Piano Mastery Talks - Reading Together - Goodson


"You ask how I memorize. First I go over the work several times to get a general idea of the whole. Then I analyze it, for I feel it absolutely necessary to know keys, chords, and construction. A work should be so well understood along these lines that it can be played in another key as well as in the one in which it is written."
(page 59, Kindle Edition)

"I believe in a perfectly easy and natural position of hand at the keyboard. When this is the case the finger-tips form a curve, the middle fingers being placed a little farther in on the keys than is natural for the first and fifth."
(page 60, Kindle Edition)

-----
You just finished reading Piano Mastery Talks - Reading Together - Goodson.
Sign up here for my free monthly newsletter!
Connect with me on Twitter and Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...